Department Banner

How to Reach Us

Fort Hays State University
Office of Admissions
Picken Hall 211
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone: 785-628-5666
Fax: 1-800-432-0248
Meet the Admissions Staff
Meet the Student Ambassadors

Facebookk Twitter Instagram You Tube Snap Chat


  • I'm looking for a transfer checklist, where can I find one?
    Check out the Transfer Checklist
  • How will my classes transfer to Fort Hays State University from my Kansas Community College?
    Check out the technical/community college transfer equivalency page.
  • How do I apply for a transfer scholarship?
    On the FHSU scholarship information page you can create an account to apply for scholarships. The transfer scholarship is located under the "other scholarships" tab.
  • What scholarships are available for transfer students?
    Check out the transfer scholarship page.
  • What is the Transfer Articulation Agreement?
    The Transfer Articulation Agreement is an agreement we have for students transferring to FHSU with an associate's degree (or close to finishing one) from an accredited community college/technical school.
  • Where can I find information on housing?
    On-Campus Housing: Check out our Residential Life options at FHSU.
    Off-Campus Housing: Check out the Hays Facebook Marketplace, Nex-Tech Classifieds, Hays Daily News Classifieds , or call the Admissions Office for a list of rental agencies.
  • How much does it cost to attend FHSU?
    FHSU is the most affordable university in Kansas...check out our tuition!
  • Where do I send my transcripts?
    Fort Hays State University
    Registrar's Office
    600 Park Street
    Hays, KS 67601
    Fax number: 785-628-4085
  • I just moved to Kansas, do I qualify for in-state tuition?
    In-state residency status is determined by the FHSU Registrar.
  • If I'm a new transfer student can I enroll in classes myself?
    No. If you are a new on-campus transfer student you will need to schedule a pre-enrollment date through the Office of Admissions by calling us at 1-800-628-FHSU. You must pay a $30 pre-enrollment fee and be admitted to the university prior to pre-enrolling in classes.
  • How do I pre-enroll and pay for my pre-enrollment fee?
    Call Admissions at 785-628-5666 or 1-800-628-FHSU.
  • How do I find out who my advisor is?
    Log in to your TigerTracks account, click on Online on Advisor Information.
  • When and where can I buy a parking permit?
    You can buy your parking permit after August 1st at the University Police Department. This office is located in the basement of Custer Hall.
Back to top