Department Banner

How to Reach Us

Fort Hays State University
Office of Admissions
Picken Hall 211
600 Park Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone: 785-628-5666
Fax: 1-800-432-0248
Meet the Admissions Staff
Meet the Student Ambassadors

Facebookk Twitter Instagram You Tube Snap Chat

Transfer Scholarships

Fort Hays State University announced NEW and IMPROVED scholarship opportunities for the 2016-2017 academic year. The following scholarships are effective Fall 2017 for new, full-time, on-campus transfer students. You may be eligible for other university and/or departmental scholarships too! Priority deadline to apply - November 15th, 2017. Final deadline - February 15, 2018.

Not only do we have the most affordable four-year tuition in the state, but we also offer a spectacular scholarship package for transfer students. Here is a quick glance. If you have questions, feel free to give us a call at 800-628-FHSU or feel free to contact the transfer coordinator.

Scholarship Annual Award Requirements Renewal Deadline
PTK-All Academic Team Member $4,500 All-Academic Member N/A N/A
Transfer Student Award $1,500 30 hrs and 3.5+ GPA renewable Feb 15
Transfer Student Award $1,000 30 hrs and 3.0+ GPA N/A Feb 15
Departmental/Other Varies apply online varies Feb 15
Athletic Scholarships Varies Coach's discretion Contact Athletics N/A

Below is a brief description regarding renewals, deadlines and requirements. Please check scholarship application for further requirements and details.

Transfer Student Awards
Qualifying new transfer students must have completed 30 credit hours with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. New transfer students must complete the scholarship application in order to be considered. Transfer student awards are based on the scholarship application process. Students must be a new, full-time, fall semester student enrolling in on-campus classes.

Athletic Scholarships
Contact Tiger Athletics.

PTK (Phi-Theta Kappa) All Academic Team Member Scholarships
Students must be recognized as an All-Academic Team member from their respective community college. Students must be new, full-time, fall semester student enrolling in on-campus classes.

Are you from Arizona, Iowa, Texas, or Wyoming? Check out this special scholarship.

Apply for admission / Apply for scholarships /

Back to top