Residential Life Banner



Dining at FHSU is all about the students. Whether it's breakfast in the cafeteria, a late night bite at Outtakes, or lunch in the Memorial Union between classes, we have something for everyone. Use the links on this page to learn all about our dining options. Still can't find something? Go ahead and contact us.

Meal Plan Options

Residential Life provides a variety of options designed to fit your schedule and lifestyle. All students within two years of highschool living on campus are required to have a meal plan, and FlexiCash is great for students who want an occasional meal or snack. Learn more below:


There are many places to use your meal plan, Dining Dollars, or FlexiCash around campus. These locations are McMindes Cafeteria, the Union Station, Mondo's Subs, Outtakes Snack Bar, and Starbucks.

Dining Service Provider

Dining Services at Fort Hays State University are provided by Chartwells. The university and the dining service contractor will work with residents to meet any special dietary needs. Meal plans may not be cancelled, but meal plan changes are allowed at stated times of the year. Participation in a meal plan is mandatory for freshman and sophomore residents living on campus and optional for others. If you have questions, please stop by the Chartwells office in McMindes Hall 128, or call (785) 628-4476.

Back to top