Residential Life Banner

FAQs and Forms

*Please note, Off-Campus Living Requests will only be accepted for one of the reasons listed in the Terms and Conditions of our housing contract. If the reasons provided on your Off-Campus Living Request do not qualify for an exemption according to policy, you may be denied and be required to live on-campus. Knowing that a well-structured living and learning community maximizes opportunities for academic success and personal development, Fort Hays State University encourages all students to seriously consider the benefits of residence hall living. If you would like to move to a different on-campus housing option, please contact your Hall Director or the Residential Life office and we can discuss your options.

Exceptions to this policy are considered and allowed only under compelling and extraordinary personal circumstances. If you feel that circumstances warrant further review of your request, you may appeal the decision at that time.

Failure to fulfill the on-campus living policy may result in disciplinary action and/or financial obligations. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at (785) 628-4245 or at

Back to top